1.Somepeople think family has great influence on children's development. Others,however, believe that other things, such as media, have greater effects.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
2. Somepeople think that all school students should learn a foreign language. Othersthink that a student should not be required to learn a foreign language if heor she does not have talent for it. Discuss both these views and give your ownopinion.
3. Somepeople think that some subjects such as math and philosophy are difficult forsome students, so people should take it as selective not compulsory. Do youagree or disagree?
1. Today,it is common that TV news programs show the images of disasters and violence tothe public. Discuss the reasons and the effects on the individual and thesociety.
2. Studiessuggest that children spend more time watching TV than they did in the past andspend less on doing active or creative things. Why do you think it is the case?What measures and methods can be used to tackle with it?
3.Morepeople are using mobile phones and computers to communicate. Therefore peopleare losingthe ability to communicate with each other face to face. Towhat extent do you agree ordisagree?
1. Some people think they have right to use asmuch fresh water as they want. Others otherwise believe governments shouldstrictly control the use of fresh water as it is a limited resource. Discussboth views and give your own opinion.
2. Governments are encouragingindustries and businesses to move from large cities to regionalareas.Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
3.Somepeople think it is the responsibility for government to ensure that people havehealthy lifestyles. Others think people should have a free for their ownlifestyles decisions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
1. Employersshould give their staff at least four weeks’ holidays a year to makeemployees do better at their jobs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Somecountries have introduced a law to limit working hours for employees. Why isthis law introduced? Do you think it is a positive or a negative development?
3.Somepeople think that politicians have the greatest influence on the world. Otherpeople, however, believe that scientists have the greatest influence. Discussboth of views and give your opinion.
1.Thequality of life in big cities is decreasing. What are the causes and whatactions should be taken to solve this problem?
2. Youngpeople are leaving their homes from rural areas to study or work in the cities.What are the reasons? Do the advantages of this development outweigh itsdisadvantages?
3. Somepeople think living in big cities is bad for people’shealth. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Somepeople think foreign visitors should be charged more than local people whenthey visit the cultural and historical attractions in a country. To what extentdo you agree or disagree?
2.Somepeople think that it is necessary to travel abroad to learn about othercountries, while other people think that it is not necessary to travel abroadbecause all the information can be seen on television and the Internet. Discussboth views and give your opinion.
3. Somepeople think that people moving to a new country should accept new culture inthe foreign country rather than living as a separate minority group withdifferent lifestyle. Do you agree or disagree?
1. 关于教育的手段：教育的手段可以是多种多样的，纸质书、电子书、音频、视频甚至游戏都可以成为教育的形式(form)，它们各自有其独特的优势，如一些古籍(ancient books)只存在纸质版本，而电子书会更方便储存、查找和携带。音频、视频、游戏等更能够吸引学生的注意力。
2. 关于教育的内容：教育的内容需包含理论知识(theory)与实践技能(practice)两大板块，理论知识也就是客观规律(objective laws)的总结，而实践技能也就是如何将这些规律运用于改造世界，二者缺一不可(indispensable)。同时，教育的内容一定要是学生感兴趣的东西，因为只有这些才是他们愿意坚持(persist)的，才是对他们未来的职业发展(career development)有意义的。