Tea and coffee
Describe a person you wanted to be similar to when you were growing up
Describe a time you taught something new to a younger person
Describe a subject you used to dislike but now have interest in
Describe your grandparent’s job
Describe an ideal house
Describe a kind offood people eat during a special event
Describe a time you received horrible service
Describe an old person who is interesting
Describe something you do to help you study or work
Describe an item you bought but do not often use
Describe a historical period you would like to know
Describe abeautiful city
Describe a game you played in your childhood
Describe something you complained about but satisfied with the result
Describe an interesting lecture or talk
Describe a person you know who protects the environment
Describe a time when a piece of equipment was broken (such as TV)
Describe a time that you looked for information from the Internet
Describe a time you enjoyed your free time
Describe a healthy lifestyle you know
Describe an outdoor sport you played for the first time
Describe someone you would like to study or work with you
Describe a success your friend has achieved
Describe a person you have seen who is beautiful or handsome
Describe an intelligent person you know
Describe a time that someone didn’t tell you the whole truth about something
Describe a book you want to write
Describe a newly built public facility (such as parks, cinemas etc.) that influences your city
Describe a piece of good news you heard (from TV or the Internet
Describea present you received which was made by hand
1. Some people think that schools should stop teaching students by using books, because students find them boring and that children can learn from films, TV, video games and computer instead. To what extent do you agree?
2. Some people say that children should go to school as young as possible, while others believe that children should go to school of at least 7 years old. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Some people believe that the purpose of education is to prepare people to be useful members for society. Others say that the purpose of education is to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both views and give your ownopinion.
4. Some people think that teachers should be responsible for teaching students to judge what is right and wrong so that they can behave well. Others say that teachers should only teach students academic subjects. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
1. Some people think that young people are not suitable for important positions in the government, while other peoplethink it is a good idea for young people to take on these positions. Discuss both views and give your ownopinion.
2. An increasing number of people choose to change their jobs and residential places several times in their life. Is this positive or negative?
3. Some people believe young people should be free to choose his or her job, but others think they should be realistic andthink about their future. Discuss and give your opinion.
1. It is more important for a building to serve a purpose than to look beautiful. Architects shouldn’t worry about producing building as a work of art. Do you agree or disagree?
1. Many people think cheap air travel should be encouraged because it gives ordinary people freedom to travel further. However, others think this leads to environmental problem, so air travel should be more expensive in order to discourage people from having it. Discuss the both sides and give your own opinion.
2. In most cities and towns, the high volumes of road traffic have become a problem. What are the causes and what actions could be taken to solve the problem?
1. Nowadays,we rely on news for our knowledge, but we are uncertain about the truth of these news. Should we believe journalists? What qualities should a good journalist or correspondent have?
2. Some people think newspapers are the best way to read news, while others think it's more effective to use othermedia. Discuss both views andgive your opinion.
3. Some people say that advertising has positive economic effect, while others think it has negative social effect. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
1. Many countries invest a lot of money to prepare competitors to join top competitions like Olympic Game and the World Cup. It is better to spend money on encouraging children to take up sports. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
2. The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television in order to decrease the violent crimes in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people think that environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Others, however, believe that the problems cannot be solved if individuals do not take actions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4. Some people think governments should spend more money on public services rather than waste money on arts (music,printing, etc.). To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people say the government should pay for the health care and education, but others say that it is not the government’s responsibility. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
1. In some countries the wide spread use of internet has given people more freedom to work or study at home instead of travelling to work or college. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
1. More and more people want to buy famousbrands with clothes, cars and other items. What are the reasons? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
本次预测共20题， 其中有10道是双边讨论类题目， 8道议论文题(当中媒体广告类第一题是开放型的议论文题)， 1道报告文题(消费类第一题)
建议烤鸭们最好能把每道题都列个提纲， 如果时间充裕最好能够都写一遍。 这里提供一下本期重点预测的双边讨论类作文的文章结构
注意：A观点不合理的理由往往就是B观点合理的理由， 反之亦然， 因此为了重复论述， 段落中只需要说明两个观点合理的理由和论据即可。
2. Some people say that children should goto school as young as possible, while others believe that children should go toschool of at least 7 years old. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
不难看出， 题目中两个观点所争执的核心便是“儿童应该何时入学”这个问题。 因此， 首段可以这样写： There is a heated debate about whether children should start theirschooling before 7 years old. 首段便无需再赘言。
参考理由： 让儿童为将来的学习和工作做好准备(prepare childrenbetter for their future study and work)
参考论据： 儿童有更多的时间学习知识(knowledge)和技能(skills)，如语言， 数学， 等。 越早培养儿童的语言能力(languageability)和数学能力， 他们以后学习就越轻松， 因为牢固的知识基础会令获取新知识变得更容易(asolid knowledge base makes it easier to gain new knowledge)。另外， 低龄段的儿童的可塑性(plasticity)非常高， 受到环境的影响很大(greatly influencedby the environment)。 因此早一点上学， 接触正能量的校园(positive campus)，包括老师， 同学等， 能让孩子早点养成好的学习习惯如记笔记和保持专注(form outstanding studyhabits such as note-taking and keeping concentrated).
参考理由1： 父母可以在孩子的童年阶段陪伴孩子更多(accompany with their children more in their childhood)， 有益于(benefit)他们的心理健康(mental health)和成长(growth)。 同时， 被父母陪伴更多的孩子(children who receivemore companionship from their parents)拥有更稳定的心理结构(stablemind)， 这会帮助他们建立良好的人际关系在入学后(which will help them buildup healthy interpersonal relationships when they start schooling)。
参考理由2: 另外，有研究表明过早开发儿童的智力(developing children’sintelligence)以及承受学习压力(bearing study pressure) 不利于(detrimental to) 儿童的创造力的发展(development ofchildren’s creativity)。这类型的研究声称(claim)7岁以前的儿童应该用时间(spend time)体验大自然(experience the nature)和沉浸艺术(immerse in art)，而不是承受记忆的枯燥(suffer from the boredom of memorizing), 更不应该终日囿于教室里(be constrained in classrooms)。